SUMMER HIKING GROUP (SHG)
Thursday mornings - May 1 thru October 31
The ENN Summer Hiking Group (SHG) is a great way to get exercise, enjoy the Colorado mountains, meet new people, and visit with old friends.
The ENN SHG is organized as follows:
• We will typically hike on Thursday mornings. The summer hiking season runs from May through the end of October. On a weekly basis, we might occasionally pick a different day due to weather or other circumstances.
• Our meeting times are prompt. If we say meet at a certain spot at 8:00 a.m., be there by 8:00 a.m. or you may miss the group. We typically leave for the trailhead right at the selected time.
• Generally, hikes are 4 to 8 miles in length round-trip, and have elevation gains between 500' and 1500'. These distance and elevation gain figures are guidelines, not rules. Some hikes will fall outside these guidelines.
• At the beginning and end of the hiking season, due to the snowpack, SHG hikes are usually in the foothills around Evergreen. In the summer, the hikes shift to higher elevations. For each hike, we will provide the distance and elevation change to help you decide whether you want to join the hike.
• The SHG Leaders use an online scheduling system for ease of participation and communication. We also have our own separate web page: https://sites.google.com/view/shg123/home
• SHG hikers will be personally responsible for full compliance with all federal, state, and local rules and regulations for each hiking area (pets, litter, trail etiquette, etc.).
Please contact the SHG Leaders to join the group and/or with any questions, comments, or suggestions.